Friday, October 7, 2011

First blog? Shouldn't this have "ROC" somewhere in the title?

Fairly sure I was supposed to have a theme going... Ah, screw it. This is somewhere I thought I would never be. Blogging. Not that I have a problem with it. I get a lot of enjoyment out of quite a few blogs. But me? A blogger? "Never in a million years!" my 16 year old self would say. Yet, here I am three years later because of Doc. I shall refer to her as Doc. She'll probably come up a lot, because she gave me the idea to do this, and she is pretty cool. If you can't tell already, I am having issues coming up with a cohesive topic for my first ever blog entry. It is kind of all over the place. I suppose I should introduce myself. Here we go...

My name is Barrett. I am 19 years old and currently live in Winston-Salem North Carolina. Was born in Spokane, moved a lot as a kid. I have lived in five different stats and on two different continents. I speak English and German fluently, and I am an actor by trade. I consider Seattle my home, mostly because a lot of my friends live there, and that is where I graduated high school. I listen to Ska music, rock music, and whatever appeals to me at the time. Mostly Ska music though. I play computer games (probably too much), and I like to ride bikes (probably not enough). I love to act, sing, dance, play music, cook, and write. But I am first and foremost a nerd, and a big one.

I think I have started to come to terms and embrace it recently. I used to hide it some while I was in high school (I did a shitty job) because I was afraid of the social stigma. Then I realized that I just didn't care. I prefer nerds to normal people anyway, we are usually more interesting. Or at least more entertaining. And that is what life is about, isn't it? Well sure, you need to eat and drink and sleep, but what is life without entertainment. Personally, I think we just need to keep entertaining ourselves until we die. That is life. Entertainment until death. Man I ramble about some random shit, don't I? I am usually awful about keeping things updated, but this blog might help that somewhat. It is nice that there is a possibility of getting my thoughts out there to whoever gives a damn. Makes me feel, I don't know... Interesting? Something like that.

I think I am going to leave it there for now. Thanks for reading up to this point. Unless you didn't, in which case, fuck you. Wait... If you didn't read up to this point how will you see that? Whatever. My brain hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment