Thursday, October 13, 2011

Diary of a Mad Bio Engineer

Something I wrote a while back on the Star Wars: Galaxies Beast Master forums. This might be the motivation I needed to work more on it.



><**//SECURE TRANSFER**>
><**//PERSONAL LOG TERMINAL #39768 TO BBP MANAGER TERMINAL #47702**>
><**//ACCESSING LOGS OF DR. GRAF - ID # **ERROR - INCOMPLETE DATA**>
>
Hello,
>
My name is Bopac Graf. I am a Biomedical Engineer and founder of {Graf Industries}. I am currently under contract from Binring Biomedical Products to research, experiment, and discover ways of decontaminating DNA after it has undergone a slight mutation. This is a research log, kept for lawful purposes, so that the BBP may review and determine whether my work is satisfactory enough to warrant funding.
>
>
Day 1:
>
Started testing on a relatively simple, yet commonly mutated, strain of DNA: the Chuba. There have been many reports of these small amphibian creatures becoming mutated, often accelerating muscle growth or enhancing cellular strength. I hope that, with my work, there may be an end to all contam->**//DATA CORRUPTION - LOG INVALID**>
>
<**//ATTEMPTING TO RECOVER DATA**>
<**//BACKUP LOGS ACCESSED - TRANSFER REACTIVATED**>
>
>
<** SECURE ENTRY 105**>
I have decided to use the backup logs as a way to store my real research notes. It will be under layers of other data that I put together to throw the BBP off of my tracks. I hear rumors that they are making cuts, and they have their eyes on me. They think my work is 'too dangerous'. They believe I might be making the contaminations worse. I need to continue gathering resources before I can start my experiments. If I am going to go through with this, it needs to be done right. I will log again soon.
>
>
<**SECURE ENTRY 106**>
Damned with what the BBP says! I will continue with my research if it kills me! I must successfully replicate a genetic mutation on a Chuba. But not just one mutation. A single cellular mutation may not be enough. For me to push this to the limits, I will need to intentionally contaminate a specimen two different times in order to get the desired results. Results being an almost complete cellular rework. This is incredibly dangerous work, yet I must continue. Although I doubt I wll get anywhere with the BBP breathing down my neck, monitoring every incubation. I have to be cautious. I need their funding, but I am not sure how long I can keep up this ruse.
>
>
<**SECURE ENTRY 107**>
I cannot wait any longer. I have made some calls and some deals that I will regret in the end, but will be worth the hassle if my research yields results. I am afraid they are on to me. I have a terrible feeling, but I must proceed. I am starting my first attempt. I feel that my chances of success are low, yet I must perservere. I must be careful how I approach this. One wrong move, and the BBP will be on me like a pack of rabid Nunas. Either that or... Well, let's just say I might not live to see the end.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment